Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Final Film 160 Reflection

This semester was the first semester in 2 years I was genuinely excited for every single one of my classes, and in anticipation, the class that brought me the most excitement was my first ever film production class. My decision to become a film major was finalized after years of making pointless Youtube videos, and a childhood of Flipnote animations and home videos paired with the realization that I could turn this skill into a way to help communities, share stories, create awareness, and even get paid. I’ve loved film and media for a long time, and I finally got the opportunity to learn its rules and practices and even put it into work of my own. For the first time, I had a class where we actually took what we learned and did something with it. And although the pandemic cut our time together short, this class still never failed to excite me. Every Wednesday night after 7pm cheering I looked forward to sitting in my room at sunset, learning about film, taking notes, and watching work from different artists. And every Thursday afternoon I looked forward to finishing up a late breakfast and a chapter of my next Harry Potter book, to then turn on my laptop and reflect on the work we were producing. I am extremely grateful for this class, not just for being the first of many to teach me my passion and future career, but also for being a sense of normalcy and piece of my old pre-pandemic life to keep me sane. I can see the improvement in my work just from this one class. I've gone from amateur home videos to film student, and I am beyond excited to grow and develop as a film professional in order to take what I’ve learned and achieved something great. So, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Searched