Friday, May 22, 2020

Inspiration/ Storyboard for "Procrastination Bop"

I wanted to share the work and planning that went into just barely a 5-minute long video like "Procrastination Bop". There are many pieces that inspired me and so I've attached them:

First, the end of my video is fully inspired by the end scene for Spider-man: Homecoming, with music and everything. I had decided that Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones was a good match for the procrastination sequence, and I was extremely conflicted on how to end the whole piece. So after recently going on a Marvel streak with my mother, I remembered this end scene with the same song, and the stress and confusion at the end matched perfectly with my piece.

 

Second, in shots where I'm looking at the time I decided to use a more "P.O.V" type shot where it would be moving like my head would be or my eyes would be adjusting. At first, my idea for this project was completely different, I wanted to create a horror story piece where a student was in their home subject to quarantine due to COVID-19 and her life seems normal until you realize that a person she was speaking to which you assumed was a roommate, friend or family, ends up not being real because in quarantine she is going crazy. Because of this, I drew some shot inspiration from P.O.V's like when a character is stuck in the closet to hide from their killer and you see from their view. Below are some scenes that I looked at to see how I could conduct a shot like this.



Finally, I wanted to frame my shots so I attempted to create an outline for specifically the procrastination montage. I took images of my couch space to make sure the frame followed the Rule of Thirds and I gave a lot of focus on this part of the video because I wanted it to be the highlight. So much so that when I was developing the last half of the video I didn't have a plan. I was entirely stumped on the ending. I knew I wanted to give satisfaction and show character development by allowing my character (AKA. myself) to finish the project. But it wasn't until I was truly filming the video that I thought of sleeping through the due date. Partially because it comes full circle, and partially because it's something I would do.

Planning:


Rule of Thirds and framing:



These are the preparations and planning I did for this project. I hope that my attention to detail comes across.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Searched